Monday, October 9, 2017

The Old Schoolhouse Studio Into

A Little Intro.

After 16 years as an educator in elementary schools, I moved away from the city and the beach to this 1928 schoolhouse in a national forest. That is right, we made our home an actual Schoolhouse completed with auditorium and stage. There is quite a bit of renovation that has to be done but it is a project me and my husband were ready for.

As part of this move my husband encouraged me to write and illustrate a children's book which has always been a dream. My first book was published in December of 2016, Will Ferdinand Find a Friend? My second book, Ginger Likes... was published in the summer of 2017. I continue to write and illustrate my next book. More information about my books can be found at uglydogcreations.com .

In my Old Schoolhouse, there was a room that still has some of the original slate rock that was a chalkboard. It was to become my Studio for art and writing. The original windows span the outside wall and this room overlooks a national forest. It provides true inspiration. If fact my first book features animals that a native to this area. It is 750 sq feet, so there is plenty of room to built a true studio.

After being here for just over a year, I have started to venture back into the online art community learning paper crafts, joining ATC swaps, drawing and painting and more. It is freeing to be able to have a place to explore my art and not have to put it away. 

I started this personal blog to document the journey I have started. I expect that my blog will consist of posts around art, scrapbooking, altered art, trading art/swaps, the renovation of the Schoolhouse, my grumble of pugs and anything else I encounter.

If you have stopped by, I say welcome. Check back to see new posts on my progress.



Front of the Schoolhouse

Front view

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ginger meets Santa

Ginger met Santa Claus and had her picture taken at Petsmart. Free picture but donations accepted for animals and kids. What a fun outing th...