Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Inktober 2017

I have been in participating in Inktober. It is an great opportunity to practice your inking daily in the month of October. Although I haven't posted any pics of my cards yet this month, I thought I would start today. This has  international participation with varying levels of artists who participate. In one of your social media platforms type in #inktober or #inktober2017 and you can see a plethora of inked pieces. This activity builds a muscle memory by participating every day. Last year, I created Ferdinand Flamingo in different pics depicting the daily prompt. It helped me explore him as a character. They say practice makes perfect. I don't know about perfect but by stretching the positions Ferdinand had to take, I began to know my character very well.

So Day 10 is gigantic and I drew that mischievous Cheshire Cat! I used micron and sharpies for the black. Spectrum Noir markers for the color and a gel pen for the white highlights in the eyes. I think I probably should have gone darker on the inside of the mouth but I like the concept.



#inktober #inktober2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ginger meets Santa

Ginger met Santa Claus and had her picture taken at Petsmart. Free picture but donations accepted for animals and kids. What a fun outing th...